Top Ten Tips For Saving Energy And Money
Below are the tips that any good energy saver should not live without. Make yourself a tip jar and put these ten inside.
Top Ten Tips:
1. Plug electronic devices such as cable boxes, printers and TVs into pwer strips to turn off during vacations or long periods without use.
2. Replace any light bulb, especially ones that burn more than one hour per day, with a light-emitting diode (led) bulb.
3. Close shades and drapes during the day to help keep heat out in summer.
4. Outside your home, caulk around all penetrations including telephone, electrical, cable, gas, water spigots, dryer vents, etc.
5. Set water heater temperature no higher than 120 degrees fehrenheit.
6. Use air-dry cycle instead of heat-dry cycle to dry dishes.
7. Keep your garage door down. A warmer garage in the winter and cooler garage in the summer will save energy.
8. Change HVAC filters monthly.
9. Make sure the dryer vent hose is not kinked or clogged.
10. Ensure gaskets around door seal tightly.